Friday, November 03, 2006

New Opprtunities.

When I start a new job, there are a number of things that go through my mind. There is the concern for the unknown. Will the friendly, outgoing person that interviewed me turn out to be something completely different once I punch the time clock? Will the job keep me challenged and interested? Will my efforts make a difference to those around me?
The last thing I want to do is spend a large part of my waking hours with a jerk. A jerk that is in a position to make my life miserable. Following that, I bore easily, but I am creative and I can find challenge in almost anything. That requires an environment that permits the exercise of creativity. I don't need to get a lot of credit for my accomplishments, but I have to feel that my efforts are making an impact. A pat on the back or an atta boy goes as far anything to make me feel welcome and needed.
With regard to my new job at Discovery World @ Pier Wisconsin, so far so good.

No comments: