Friday, May 25, 2007

What is it about some people?

I have a good friend John B, who is, if you were to look at our makeup and personalities you would never think we could be close friends. Than there is my cousin John. As we all know kin don't necessarily make good friends, but John is a friend and a confidant. I have many women friends. As I have written before, I am far more comfortable with women as friends. I do not seek anyone as a close friend. Friendships are born in moments of need and mature with use over time. It's the initial attraction that mystifies me

The first thing I can remember feeling about John B is that out of a group of guys that we bowled with, he and I always seemed to end up hanging out and talking about ourselves rather than the usual cover topics men usually blab about, such as ball games, women and tools. We found our differences quickly enough, but we also sensed in each other that we could respect those differences and still be friends.