Tuesday, November 20, 2007

God Talking

I'm tired of people that wear their religion like a t-shirt with a smart ass saying on it. Thank your Lord and Saviour all you want, the reason you scored the touchdown is because the defensive secondary blew the coverage and your quarterback spotted you open. You child is not a miracle baby because it survived a terrible illness. some very hardworking intelligent people worked their ass off using the latest medical equipment and knowledge and your kid has a tremendous will to live.

No, I don't believe the answers are in the bible. I think there are lessons that can be learned in the stories of the bible, but there are lessons to be learned from all literature. I don't believe in churches, but I will admit that some of them do good work taking care of people in need.

What I do believe is that if there is a God, she's talking to us in ways we aren't listening for.
If God gave us any commands to follow it was, "I'm giving you all of this and the potential it represents. Don't screw it up! " I don't believe we are following that command. None of us are, including me.

When this earth cries out so loudly for relief and we come up with carbon credits, we aren't listening. When the water supply is short and we build swimming pools, we aren't listening.
When the air is foul and we drive gas guzzlers simply because, we personally can afford it, we aren't listening. I believe God is talking to us and we aren't listening

No comments: