Thursday, March 15, 2007

Recognizing and Acting My Age

I don't know why I'm so thick, but it just occured to me that in in everything I "belong" to, I'm the oldest guy in the group.
If you don't count the boss, Michael Cudahy, I have to be the oldest guy at my part time job with Discovery World.
I am the oldest Toad
I am much older than my wife, which makes me the oldest member of my immediate family. (Only RM, my mother-in-law, is older)
I guess the best part of this realization is that I don't think of myself or feel like the oldest guy in the room, ever.
I still think of my life in terms of the possibilities, even though I'm realistic enough to realize a PGA tour card is not one of them.
I continue to learn new things because I think it's important to keep up with the world around me. (What Jennifer, Brad, Brittany and Nicole is not important, but than this kind of information has never been important to me.)
Age has it's drawbacks. I tell everyone not to bother to get old it's a wasted effort and way over rated. But it has it's advantages. Mine are named: Zack, Devon, Grace, Eli, Abbott, Max and KC

No comments: