Friday, April 27, 2007

Patience

Again this morning the black flat roof of the building behind us glistens with moisture. The gutters gargle and drip with the collected falling rain. My home page tells me that the temperature in Milwaukee is 45 degrees, but I have to check the wind direction and speed in order to allow for the variation on our lakefront.

This morning, like most, I will make my coffee in a press, review my e-mail, write in this blog and check my schedule, before I go to work. What I would really like to do is to pack my lunch, throw it in my messenger bag and take the moped to Alterra on the Lake. I would get on the wi-fi network and smell the fresh air off the lake while I compose my blog or work out a character in my stories.

But no, this infernal cold wet weather will not give up. It hangs like smoke from a leaf fire on a calm autumn day. Oh there is a promise of better weather this weekend, but today, it's the rain and the gloom of a winter that loathes to die even an honorable death

No comments: